It occurred to me today that I have not clearly defined the target market for uencounter.me even though I have asked readers to ‘spread the word’ and tell your friends & family to check us out. Who is the audience that will be interested in using uencounter.me?
We believe that….
1. ANYONE with curiosity about someone in their past that they have not located elsewhere.
2. ANYONE who enjoys Maps.
3. ANYONE with an interest in the six-degrees-of separation theory.
4. ANYONE that believes the world will be a better place if we were more diligent about expressing gratitude!
5. ANYONE who wants to express gratitude and/or forgiveness to another person but has not done so through traditional methods.
6. ANYONE who would like to connect with other people that have shared interests.
7. ANYONE who would feel uplifted by reading or having a visual representation of gratitude expressions.
8. ANYONE interested to see a visual representation of whether or not they have been in the same place at the same time as someone else they know – but didn’t realize it.
9. ANYONE who has travelled, moved, or changed jobs often.
10. ANYONE who was touched by an encounter with another human being and would like to acknowledge it publically.
…. Will enjoy uencounter.me
The above list is not necessarily a traditional description of a ‘target audience’. We feel it is important NOT to generalize to a ‘specific’ primary user. In fact, we strongly believe that ANYONE old enough to have some life experience tucked under their belt will enjoy and benefit from uencounter.me. The experience that uencounter.me addresses – an encounter between people at a particular time and place – is a GLOBAL one. Everyday – everywhere – people are encountering one another. Sometimes, it is important to acknowledge that interaction immediately. Other times, we think of it a little later; and yet there are times when we don’t think about it again for years. No matter when you think about it – uencounter.me offers a venue to acknowledge it!
Our market is the Global population of adult human beings!! Gives us a few people to target – wouldn’t you say?